Mezipatra Queer Film Festival [WEB ARCHIVE 2000--2012] - Leather, Wigs, Parents and Kids

logo Mezipater

head-2012

CO JE QUEER?

Queer osvobozuje od tradič- ního vnímání sexuálních a genderových identit založe- ných na neměnných katego- riích muž / žena, hetero-sexuální / homosexuální.

Leather, Wigs, Parents and Kids

Set of short documentary films

• The Rise of Leatherman
  • Excuse Me, What's Queever?
  • Homo Baby Boom
  • Roma Boys
  • I Am Who I Am
  • Busted

Vzestup kožeňáků

Vzestup kožeňáků
The Rise of Leatherman
The Rise of Leatherman

Australia, 2008
10 min.

Director: Kim Munro

A musical documentary phantasy in fuchsia colours follows Scott, competing for the title of Mr. Leather Australia New Zealand.

Pardon, co je “queever”?
Excuse Me, What's Queever?
Excuse Me, What's Queever?

Italy, 2008
6 min.

Director: Giulia Berto & Giulia Forgione

Stefano and Marco are getting ready ofr the stage in the dressing room of disco La Gare.  Among fake eyelashes, colourful eye-shadow and wigs they are telling stories from outside of their drag lives.

Homo Baby Boom
Homo Baby Boom
Homo Baby Boom

Spain, 2008
27 min.

Director: Anna Boluda

In year 2005 same-sex marriage and possibility of adoptions for such couples was made legal in Spain. The documentary depicts dealings of six families since then, with their struggles and delights.

Roma Boys
Roma Boys
Roma Boys

Czech Republic, 2009
30 min.

Director: Rozálie Kohoutová

Semi-documentary about triple discrimination and a young Roma activist's screenplay,  stating that the tool of changing the viewpoint on homsexuality in his community can be just the film story.

Jsem, kým jsem
I Am Who I Am
I Am Who I Am

Canada, 2009
4 min.

Director: Andrew Martin-Smith

Music video accompanying the song of lesbian authoress Anna Gutmanis, using documentary footage from the historical Toronto Pride and also snapshots of her personal journey.

Kaput
Pecah Lobang
Busted

Malaysia, 2008
30 min.

Director: Poh Si Teng

In the red light district of  Kuala Lumpur unreels the story of Natasha, a Muslim Mak Nyah (male to female transsexual) who refuses to live her life as a man.

BRNO: 29. 10. // 18.00 // Art
PRAHA: 3. 11. // 15.30 // Světozor

Pardon, co je queever?

Homo Baby Boom

Roma Boys

Jsem, kým jsem

Kaput

FaLang translation system by Faboba

Znělka 2011

Mezipatra 2012

• Praha: 8.-14. 11. 2012
    kina Lucerna // Světozor